Monologues for Calculating the Density of Black Holes (2009)
An experimental collection of art, humor and philosophy. Monologues for Calculating the Density of Black Holes takes up where the artist’s first volume, Monologues for the Coming Plague, left off. Like the Coming Plague, the Density of Black Holes is a creatively experimental laboratory, comprising a collection of free flowing stream-of-consciousness gags, strips, and drawings that slowly coalesce into an unexpectedly compelling and complex narrative. The hints of story that came together in Coming Plague are extrapolated and expanded upon and grow to incorporate some of Nilsen’s other outre strips from the anthology MOME, two of which are reprinted here in expanded form. The book is an audacious investigation into the rhythms of storytelling, the blurring of media, and an exercise in reconciling contrasts.
- Having Issues Downloading? We recommend using Jdownloader to download comics from here. Not only can it bulk download for you, but it will also help you avoid annoying pop up ads from some of file hosting services we use. Click here if you are unfamiliar with how to use Jdownloader.
- Recommended Comic Readers. The following work with every comic we post here and we have found to be atop of their platform. YACReader for Mac/Windows. Comicrack for Android/IOS.
- Report Broken Links. Scroll down and make a comment if one of our links is broken or incorrectly linked.
- Need a comic? Want a comic, but it isn't on our site? Head over to our Request page and we usually fulfill you requests in 2-3 days.
- Donations keep us alive. We may eventually get ads to help us grow, but until then we rely solely on your support to keep the server running. If you enjoy our site and want to donate via Paypal click here to do so.